St Joseph's school in partnership with the Parishes of St Peter's Rotherhithe and St Gertrude’s, South Bermondsey, provides a Catholic, Christian community, where everyone will be nurtured in the growth of their faith. Parents and carers will be supported actively and positively in their role as first educators of their children.
We seek to share with each other the richness of our Catholic faith and provide a safe, happy and caring environment, where we all grow in the love of God and each other with Jesus Christ as our model.
We aim to:
Inspire a love of learning in our children
- Encourage them to have enquiring minds
- Involve the children to promote a sense of responsibility for their own learning
- Develop in them a sense of their own self-esteem and self-worth
- Celebrate our many different cultures and work to deepen our understanding of and respect for other faiths
- Encourage them to participate actively in their local parish life
- Prepare our children for the challenge of leading a Christian life, so that they will become good and honest citizens in today’s world
- Provide excellence in education so that each child reaches their full potential
Reviewed October 2017