Late Collection Policy
To ensure all children are collected on time. The reason for this is twofold: firstly, children who are left behind often feel an increasing level of anxiety and distress the longer that they are unsure of where their parents are. Clearly this is not a good thing to happen to any child. Secondly, the impact on the school of having a child left behind at the end of the day is also great as it requires a member of support staff to supervise that child and this incurs an additional staffing cost.
The late collection policy will operate to the following timetable from the end of the school day:
- School finishes at 3.15 pm
- Teachers will remain in their classrooms until 3.25 pm
- At 3.25 pm children will be taken to the office for collection
- At 3.30 pm teacher training sessions and meetings begin
- From 3.30 pm the late collection policy applies
Procedure for when a child is not collected by 3.30pm:
- On the first occasion, a record will be kept and the parent/carer will receive a letter.
- On the second occasion, the parent/carer will be asked to meet with the class teacher or a senior member of staff and will receive a letter. Again a record will be kept.
- On the third occasion, the parent/carer will be asked to meet with the Deputy or Headteacher and will receive a letter. Again a record will be kept.
- On any subsequent occasion the parent/carer will be charged £1 per 5 minutes, per child. For example, if you pick up your child at 4.00 pm, you are 30 minutes late and this will cost you £6.00 per child.
- The office clock will be used to determine the cost.
(There will also be a charge if parents phone the school to say they are running late but children are still not collected by 3.30 pm.)
After School Clubs
All clubs finish by either 4pm or 4:15pm. Children must be collected by the agreed time stated on the permission slip.
- On the first occasion when a child is not collected on time, the parent/carer will be reminded about the club’s finishing time.
- On the second occasion when a child is not collected at the agreed time, the parent/carers will be informed that their child will no longer be able to participate in the club.
- Late collections for clubs will be reviewed termly.
- The office clock will be used to determine the time.