I hope you had a relaxing Christmas and New Year.
This is just a short note to let you know of some of the areas that year 1 will be studying in the coming term.
In R.E. we will be learning about our local church and community. We will talk about families and people who have special roles. We will talk about special people in our lives who are there to help. We will also talk about how on Sunday the parish family gathers for the Eucharist (Mass), Jesus’ special meal.
This term we will be investigating the topic of ‘What was it like when our parents and grandparents were children?’ which will cover a range of curriculum topics such as History, Geography, Literacy, Science, computing, art and DT.
- Mental Addition and Subtraction
- Weighing objects in grams using bucket scales
- Describing the features of common 2D and 3D shapes
- Using our knowledge of addition and subtraction to solve real life word problems
- Making amounts up to £2 using different coins
- Working out change from 10p, 20p, 50p and £1
- Tell the time to the hour and half past the hour using an analogue clock face
- P.E is every Wednesday, as the weather is still cold, please make sure that your child have long joggers and P.E shoes.
- Book bags need to be in school every day. If your child does not bring their old book back they will not be given a new one.